Thursday, December 25, 2008

End of the Year Ramblin's

Merry Christmas to all! Whew, what a whirlwind for the past few weeks! It has been a bit of an odd time around the Istre household, but only a little odder than usual. :) I found out at the end of November that my employer could no longer meet payroll, so I've joined the others who are looking for new work. It has been nice to be able to spend more time with my family around this time, though. I was able to go to the boys' school parties and pick them up from school and bake cookies, etc. and not be stressed about work.

I have been thinking about a career change for a while anyway, not because I don't love my job, but because it's just tough to be all the places I have to be when I'm an hour away from home most of the time. So I'm looking into some other options and hopefully, something will come up at the first of the year.

It's been a difficult year in so many ways . . . losing my dad, still waiting and waiting for our girl to come home, losing a job . . . but still, the blessings outweigh the struggles. I'm thankful for everything I have, right down to the socks on my feet (borrowed from Jacob--yep, I can wear his shoes, too), and I hope you will take the time to be thankful for all the things in your life that bring joy. We are not promised an easy path, but we have a God who has promised to walk with us through it all.

I'm posting from my mom's computer, and so my updates will be few and far between until we have the internet again, but please feel free to leave a comment or send an email if you visit the site.

Oh, and the house is coming along, slowly but surely! Maybe I will be able to post some pics soon. The siding is up and so is the sheetrock, so hopefully we will be ready in a couple of months.

Happy 2009!

1 comment:

Lawoman said...

Enjoy reading about the Istre family . I am researching the Istre family and would love to share my genealogy with you.
May 2009 bring you happiness,health and love.demerma