Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Time Marches On

Well, we made it through the memorial service, and it truly was a time of joy and celebration, with little bits of sadness here and there. There was lots of music and a lot of funny stories, and so many friends and family! We truly felt loved in that moment. Not to mention humbled that so many took time out of their day to come.

But time truly stops for no man. And my dad wouldn't have wanted it to! And so now, we move forward, trying to catch up on everything that kept moving in regular motion while we were moving in slow motion. School, work, soccer, and on and on.

We're finding out what our new normal is, day by day. Luke said the other night, "Life will never be the same without Pa." I told him he was right. Then I said, "But there's still a lot of good life ahead of us, and we'll remember that when we feel sad for what it used to be like. It will take some time, but things will be okay." His eyes were teary, but he smiled.






1 comment:

Kristie said...

What a precious thing Luke said! I am sad for you and your family. I know things wont be the same. I am glad you had time with your dad to let him go.