Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Waiting

We are still waiting, waiting, waiting to get THE CALL from our adoption agency. I was sure it would come last month, and when it didn't, I was even more sure that it would come this month. But our heart's desires don't always match up with God's perfect will, and the call never came. It was so disappointing. We all ache to see her face and to call her by name. 

I told some friends that I know the waiting has been a refining event for me spiritually, but it is painful. I came across this quote from F. B. Meyer that sums it up:

What a chapter might be written of God's delays! It is the mystery of the art of educating human spirits to the finest temper of which they are capable. What searchings of heart, what analyzings of motives, what testings of the Word of God, what upliftings of soul. . . . all these are associated with those weary days of waiting, which are, nevertheless, big with spiritual destiny.




No comments: